Last night’s planning went well once I got started – I’m planning a revolution (fictional, of course, though I neglected to mention that to a friend until I’d been talking to her about it for five minutes and she was a little unnerved by complaints like ‘I just can’t work out when the government should actually topple’) which will be taking place in the reader’s future but most of the characters’ pasts.
As previously mentioned, some of my characters are researchers by trade, so I need to know what they need to know, preferably before November starts. I am prepared to wing it if necessary, but for once I actually wanted to have a go at working it all out. I decided to lay it out a bit like I would have laid out History notes at school, and took some of the structure of the revolution from the so-called ‘Arab Spring’ (as it’s recent enough – if indeed it’s really finished – for me to be fairly certain of the minute developments).
I don’t think I ever made this many notes on anything at school, or indeed in the course of my degree (which was a little more project-based, I’ll admit). And – although I appear to have written the wrong month in on one of those dates – this is really just the prelude to, and the first week of, the revolution. There are another 8 years or so of relevant history, though it will get less detailed and more about just highlighting important events as I go through.
There’s no big lesson here, which I’m sure you’ll be relieved to hear, just a bit of an update on what I’m up to. Now I’m off to do a bit more – maybe I can make it to August, at least… Talk to you tomorrow!
Note: The blurring in the image above is to limit spoilers – do not adjust your set!